Wednesday 13 April 2016

FEAR: GOD AM I ABLE?




Fear: an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat

Belief: an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists. 

Conclusion, fear is an emotion caused by us accepting something unpleasant will happen without us having evidence that it will happen (enidpedia)

98% of people who never get to live their life to the fullest usually blame it on the fear of the unknown....(I made that up..but you have to admit its kinda true)....

Let me take you back to 1393 BCE,....When Moses lived....

I will skip the part where he was born and grew up in a palace and go straight to when he was looking after his father in laws sheep in the desert and ended up in Sinai.....

Scene 1
This is where he saw the burning bush and the Lord spoke to him.....
The Lord told him that He had heard the cry of the people of Israel and He wanted Moses to go and lead them out of Egypt....

Exodus 3:11: But Moses said to God, “I am nobody. How can I go to the king and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?”

Audience react: (God has just appeared to you in a burning bush? would he do that to a nobody???)

Exodus 3:12: God answered, “I will be with you, and when you bring the people out of Egypt, you will worship me on this mountain. That will be the proof that I have sent you.”

 Even after God told him to say I AM sent him.....he didn't seem convinced (sound effects)

Scene 2
Moses asks God in Exodus 4: 1, that what if they do not believe him or listen to him when he says the Lord appeared to him?
Here God turns his rod into a snake and makes the skin on his hand leprous and then heals him....
He didn't seem convinced yet so the Lord told him...


Exodus 4:8-9: Then the Lord said, “If they do not believe you or pay attention to the first sign, they may believe the second. But if they do not believe these two signs or listen to you, take some water from the Nile and pour it on the dry ground. The water you take from the river will become blood on the ground.”

Was He convinced now?.....(more sound effects)


Scene 3


Exodus 4: 10: Moses said to the Lord, “Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.”

Audience react: (*rolls their eyes* There he goes again..with another excuse)


Exodus 4:11-12: The Lord said to him, “Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.”

 How much more convincing did this guy want????

Scene 4:
Exodus 4:13: But Moses said, “Pardon your servant, Lord. Please send someone else.”

Audience react: (C'mon!!!! after all that??)

Exodus 4:14-17: Then the Lord’s anger burned against Moses and he said, “What about your brother, Aaron the Levite? I know he can speak well. He is already on his way to meet you, and he will be glad to see you. You shall speak to him and put words in his mouth; I will help both of you speak and will teach you what to do. He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him. But take this staff in your hand so you can perform the signs with it.”

 This was all the convincing he needed, because after this he went and told his father in law that he is going back to Egypt.......

                                                            *** END***


Well, we all know how the events unfolded and he was able to lead the Israelites out of Egypt..just like God told him he would.....

So many of us (me included) we are like Moses, God calls us to do something either with our talents , other resources he has given us ..usually through a burning desire in us we call PASSION...
Only a few people in this life usually follow that passion and 100% of them end up changing the world!!

What happens to the rest of us? God calls us to do something but we come up with all sorts of excuses to not do it even after God assures us that He will help us do it ..He will give us the ability to do it and He will always be at our side to ensure success...we still doubt because we are fearful asking him...what if I fail? what if I get laughed at? what if I lose friends? what if I lose my job? what if I become broke? what if I die? What if I don't meet anyone else? ...so many "what ifs" but God tells us....I will teach you, I will strengthen you, I will be right there with you.....

Imagine if Moses, did not overcome the fear he had?....we would have never read about Him and how God used Him to change the world forever! There is no way we can talk about leadership now and not mention Moses......

What has God called you to do?Must He  get angry with you so that you can get up and do it?? Does He have to keep showing you signs for you to believe what He tells you is true? or will you believe in His word..the first time he tells you?

So, today I urge you to step out and do what you have been called to do...utilize your talent for His glory....follow your dreams despite fear convincing you that you will fail......stop waiting for those signs and trust Him at His word...because He has NOT GIVEN US A SPIRIT OF FEAR....
Decide today that even if you think you are a nobody, even if you think you will fail....that if you believe that God has called you to do that thing...that you will take Him at His word and DO IT!

NB: When we trust God, we are not risking anything, its assured because HE IS GOD

Prayer:

Dear Lord,

I come  before you  to ask you to forgive me for the many times I have doubted that you have called me to (mention it) . For your word says that you have not given me a spirit of fear, help me Lord to believe in your word and to stop relying on myself but to believe that you are the one who will enable me to do it. Help me, to overcome fear and to live to be who you have called me to be. In Jesus name I pray.

Amen

3 comments:

  1. :-D HAHAHA! You had me at enidpedia...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Enid.....its encouraging, teaching and strengthening. Letting fears go and following our passion

    ReplyDelete