Monday 20 February 2017

CHRONICLES OF A SOON TO BE BRIDE: BRIDAL SHOWERS




From last year ,I had been joking with my bridesmaids that I will send them a list of who to invite for my bridal shower lol.....is this strange? Yes? No?...So I ended up sending them two numbers I think a week to the surprise......

I had my February planned out....and I left the weekend of 18th and 19th Feb free...so just in case they would plan a bridal shower for me I would be somehow aware....is this strange? Yes? No?.....


Bridal shower 1
I thought I had it all figured out, my fiance and I were invited by a friend to visit them on the 18th and my mind went like....aha! That is when I will have my bridal shower.....so when we arrived at their house, we find our friend alone....the house was quiet and no activity going on....we sat on the couch and I was thinking to myself....'woiii you do not have a bridal shower, you thought you were smart...' lol so we had some small talk on the wedding planning and at this point I had lost all hope of having a bridal shower....

Just when I had already convinced myself that my day would entail us talking about marriage and our walk with Christ with our friends...a group of ladies come out of the corridors (I thought they came out from a secret doorway) and shouted  'surprise!!!' oh boy! I got played that day...and I shed a few tears....
The day went on with some very interesting games and a session where my maid of honor gave us advice on marriage and two older ladies from my church as well ....long story short the day ended up with me still in shock, teary and with me having to be transported back home in an uber because of the gifts I received.....


Bridal Shower 2
My mum had informed me that she will be having her 'chama' friends over and requested if I could help her prepare for them.....so I put on my big girl pants and helped out.....

So when they arrived, I was asked to go and sit with my small niece in my room... while I was teaching her how to open up a small can of petroleum jelly...my cousin and my friend show up claiming they are taking me out for ice cream and when I get to the living room...who do I find? My aunties and cousins and again I heard the word... 'surprise!!'...so I got played twice in one weekend.....

The highlight of this day was the gifts they bought...I would have never thought I would receive such gifts and the advice behind them,,,, was incredible! and my aunt giving me the Sex talk in front of my mother...never have I felt like crawling under the door and running away.......glad someone asked for  a cup of tea in between and gave me room to fan myself.....


I had one of the most exciting weekends of my life because;

I desired a bridal shower and God gave me not just one but TWO incredible showers that reminded me of the support I have from my friends and family...

They reminded me of how much God has a hand in this and will continuously equip me to be a good wife who will bring glory to Him.....

They reminded me  that my life will no longer be about ME when I will say I DO....that now I have to put someone else before me...because all the gifts I received were all going to benefit my husband.....

They reminded me that it was worth the wait, that it was worth us waiting to kiss and have sex when we are husband and wife because I could see the excitement in those who knew about this......

Most of all,they reminded me that I may not have an earthly father to prepare me for what is ahead, but I have a Heavenly Father who knows even the needs I have no idea I have...because of the priceless advice I received that weekend...


Yours truly,

A surprised bride to be


No comments:

Post a Comment