Friday 26 July 2013

Patience







I felt like getting off the bus and walking, with the bus stopping at every stop and which may have been five minutes to me they were excruciating FIVE minutes.I kept giving the driver and his conductor a grim ripper look and thinking "OMG! can we go!". One man sitting next to the driver as if he read my mind he started arguing with the driver how its annoying for them to keep us at every stop for so  long I almost got pompoms and started cheering for this guy. Eventually we got to the city center and I was early for my appointment....

I wanted to read a certain book so bad that even though the friend I was borrowing it from had told me he would lend it to me over the weekend I still couldn't that long. So I decided to go to the book store and get a book that is from the same genre. It cost me four hundred and ninety and now it sits on my book shelf the minute I got my hands on the other book...

These are just the few times I have seen in in myself that I find it so hard to practice patience, its something that I fail at every now and then.If I had practiced being patient in these two situations I would have enjoyed the ride to the city center as I eventually got there on time and saved myself a lot of agony, I would have saved four hundred and ninety shillings instead of buying that book.

We live in a generation where we want instant gratification, we microwave our food, we have instant  passport , even in our relationships we want to play "marriage" before we actually are where we live by the principle "if it feels good do it!"

Genesis 29:20 : So Jacob spent the next seven years working to pay for Rachel. But his love for her was so strong that it seemed to him but a few days.

Habakkuk 2:3 :But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed.

 We say we trust God and yet we are always trying to find our own ways to solve things or at times think that God is slaking and He needs our help so we decide to do things our way, or take opportunities that we might think are the best when clearly God has told you to wait then we end up in misery and losses. When we rush and get into relationships just because we think our time in running out and later end up dissapointed and heart broken, when we end up compromising just because we wanted the easy way out.

God requires for us to be patient and stand still and let Him be God not running around and trying to figure things out on our own. He knows your hearts desires, He created you He knows exactly what you need in a spouse, exactly what you need in your career.
Just for a minute pray that God teaches you how to be patient, it will actually make life easier and make you less miserable because you would have left everything in the hands of the MAKER OF THE EARTH, THE AUTHOR OF LOVE, THE BEGINNING AND THE END, ALPHA AND OMEGA and mostly to your HEAVENLY FATHER.
 He never dissapoints! You just have to learn to wait!

2 comments: