Saturday 9 November 2013

When I became a woman





Before I became a woman I used to love the thrill of short-lived relationships where if it felt good,looked good and smelt good then it must be IT. Before I became a woman I used to throw tantrums when things did not go my way and made sure people knew I was mad. Before I became a woman I used to think that being a "don't care" meant I was an independent woman.Before I became a woman I only saw the world revolving around me. Before I became a woman I thought that a fast track career would make me happy.Before I became a woman I used to run to people for comfort when I got my heart broken. You see before I became a woman I thought that my hips, lips and finger tips were what separated me from girls.

BUT...

When I became a woman I realized that all the attention I got from boys was nothing compared to the attention I would get from that ONE man that God has set apart for me whose wisdom will remind me of Solomon, whose faith will remind me of Abraham, whose leadership  will remind me of Moses and most of all whose character will remind me of Christ!. and so I chose to wait..

Song 8:4 Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.

When I became a woman I realized that I should be spirit-led and less emotionally-led, where I would refuse to be controlled by my emotions even when I feel justified because its "that time of the month". I should refuse to hold grudges, I should refuse to release my frustrations on someone just because am having a "bad day" and where I do not ask myself how I FEEL in order to do something right but do it because its right.

Galatians 5:16: But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
When I became a woman I realized that being independent meant me depending on Christ, me depending on friends and family when I am not able to do on my own. So I had to build my relationship with Christ, my family and friends and go from  a "don't care" attitude to a "do-care" attitude and care about others more than I do myself.

  Philippians2:4:Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

When I became a woman I realized that this life is not my own and am stable only when Christ is the center of my life that with Him as my foundation I am unshakable! I realized that placing myself before Him meant that I would draw my strength from myself and am only human so I would get weary and so now I draw my strength from the ONE who promises to renew my strength.

Isaiah 40:31: But those who trust in the Lord for help will find their strength renewed. They will rise on wings like eagles; they will run and not get weary; they will walk and not grow weak.
When I became a woman I realized that people will fail you simply because they are human and so I stopped running to people when I had my heart broken and instead I get down on my knees and talk to the ONE who is able to put back every piece of my heart and make it whole, the ONE who sees every tear and says "I will never leave you nor forsake you" meaning He would never walk away even when things got tough.
When I became a woman I realized that nothing in this world would satisfy and all along I was looking for things and people to fill the void in my heart which HE only can fill.
When I became a woman I realized a woman's beauty goes beyond the physical, its her gentle spirit, its her warm presence, its her giving heart, its her calm nature and her love for good that makes her GORGEOUS.

  Deuteronomy 31:8: It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.
 
 1 Peter 3:3-4: Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. 
 
Mathew 6:33:But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

I have to say that when I became a woman I changed my role models and stopped looking up to the women who drop it like its hot, who sleep around because they are playing the field and who make their choices based on articles in magazines. Instead I choose to aim at having the obedience of Mary, the faith of Rahab, the humility of Ruth, the boldness of Esther, the hard-working nature of the proverbs 31 woman and most importantly that my character would reflect that of Christ.

3 comments: