Thursday 13 February 2014

DEAR FUTURE HUSBAND





I thought I was good at letter writing until, I sat down and tried to write this to you. Maybe I have met you, Maybe we pass by each other everyday, Maybe you don't even know that I exist, Maybe you will read this, Maybe I will be the one to show you a letter a wrote to you before I met you.

You might be in Timbuktu  volunteering in a medical camp or spreading the gospel...I hope both. You may be in the city running to close a deal, or you may be down on your knees praying, you may be in the gym (smh) or nibbling on some chicken wings.
Whatever you are doing or where you are I would like to say this to you:

I haven't figured out every detail of our wedding (contrary to what people say about girls) BUT I have one thing figured out....fried chicken will be part of the menu....it just has to be!
I am very forgetful (I know you will figure this out earlier when I will forget to pick up something you wanted...so I apologize in advance) BUT you do not have to worry about me forgetting my vows...
I can get a bit crazy sometimes and just decide to break dance in the streets...so maybe you will be marrying a Psycho...I am kidding...maybe...perhaps...
My idea of a romantic getaway is being in the wild, where  its just you, me and nature and we can recreate the garden of Eden, without the snake and the leaves Adam and Eve used to cover themselves up with (If you know what I mean).

I hope you have a big appetite because I am currently taking home culinary classes from your future mother-in-law, and I am working on creating the "ENID sandwich" which am hoping will be a hit and I will come up with a better name for it...hey! maybe you will help me come up with the name , so now you already have an idea of what kind of snack will be packed for you.

So a lot of guys have already misspelled my name: I have been called Edin, Enith, Elid, Emid...waaah! If I had a dollar for every one of them you'd be marrying Oprah. So am hoping you get it right the first time I tell you or you already did... and they have used all kind of pick up lines the best one being " Hey Enid, what do you need?...me?"..So hope you will make me laugh the first time you say hi, say something cheesy or simply say Hi....but be creative, try get a smile from me.

I cannot take a picture doing the duck face...I do not know how this piece of information may be of importance to you, but just thought of putting it out there.

I still love cartoons, so I hope you are a bit goofy..and we can act like kids when around each other and just laugh...
I cry when watching romantic comedies, no matter how many times I watch them...but I will always pretend am yawning then rub my eyes...so feel free to let me lie on your chest when watching them and let me "yawn"

I LOVE my family...they mean the world to me...and am sure you will fit right in!!.

Most importantly...
I believe God is preparing me for you, as He is leading and guiding me to resemble Him...because in Him I have come to know what true love means...and am learning to resemble the Proverbs 31 woman. Who will make you and our kids look forward to coming home everyday because I will make our house a home. I will defend our kids with my life..and praying that God shows me how to submit to you as you submit to Him and be your helper.

I will always cover our home with prayers, I will always strive to be your biggest fan and correct you in a gentle way, I will let you lead our home because I know that you will be leading us with the wisdom from above, I will be open to try new things with you, I will keep my body in check so that we will be able to do the morning jog together when we are 60(among other things *wink). We will fight, make up, laugh, cry, get weary but may we always put God at the center of our marriage. You will not have to worry about me cheating because for you I have waited.....


Love,

Future wifey.




18 comments:

  1. ...and it sure is the month of love! so far, this is my fave post of your's Enid!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it definitely is...thanks love for always reading.

      Delete
  2. this is an awesome one... your masterpiece maybe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loove this...... so dam cute and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing, right on point... tht will be one lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thanks....He will be blessed..

      Delete
    2. Aaaaaaawwww! Now this was too cute... And its good that the lucky/blessed guy knows himself now

      Delete
    3. Lol yes Isla finally....thank you

      Delete
  5. So sweet.....I love ������

    ReplyDelete
  6. AAAW dEAR FUTURE IN LAW .......KARIBU

    ReplyDelete