Thursday 8 May 2014

GUEST BLOG POST: JOY


This post was written by a close friend of mine, when I read it I got teary-eyed because I was amazed by what God is doing in her life and she can actually say this:

p.s she has a crush on sponge bob


I'd earlier promised to drop a guest post on this blog. But how I forgot and dismissed it I dont know. All I know is that I am ready to write now.
I am writing this at a bank. And guess  what, its "back-to-school" so I have all the time to write...
My ticket says 57 more customers ahead of me, oh boy...
The bank is full, its quite stuffy in here. In the background is a crying baby, and also the full blasts of matatus passing by.
Apparently, the average waiting time for me is one hour, twelve minutes and thirteen seconds. I sit down patiently like the rest waiting for my turn. After all patience is a virtue!

Enough about the bank! Today I woke up feeling great! You know at times you hear the alarm and you want to knock it down, cursing why the night was so short!! But today, I actually had a different feeling all together. Oh, I forgot to let you know that I dont need my alarm to go off to wake up. Anyway, as I was saying, this morning I woke up basking in glory and joy. Regardless of any situation I may be going through, there was a deeper feeling from within. More of overwhelming happiness and radiance, I cant explain it but I knew the day would be great. So let me share with you my joy for the day, by letting you know that in everything you do, allow God to be your priority and all will be well. Spirituality and happiness are things I may find hard to explain, but I know being content with the Lord is definately related to my happiness. And in my state of happiness and comfort, I wont forget to acknowledge the Lord, for it is His doing.

Today, I want to appreciate my great and supporting family, for their undying love and support; and my friends who automatically become my family. Sometimes life gets a little rough, and all we need is a bit of joy in our lives, talking about it too doesnt bring any harm!
This to all the great days ahead of us...

Psalm 118:24  This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Proverbs 15:13 A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment