Tuesday 18 June 2013

Dreams


That was a documentary worth watching! I almost clapped when the lecturer paused it, too bad I did not get to see it to the end. It was about the life and achievements of Wangari Maathai, how she had this dream in her heart and turned it into reality, now she is known all over the world for her passion to protect the environment.
I have had several ideas over the years, things I would like to achieve. When I was a kid I would dream of owning this big car when pulling around toy cars made from milk cartons, when I was a teenager I would dream of becoming a neurosurgeon and save all the kids who needed help. I finally ended up undertaking an undergraduate degree in Environmental science, how I decided that I do not know but I believe it was God's plan.
As we grow up we let go of some dreams because reality sets in, like we do not attain the grades that are needed to do a certain course, getting to where we want to may require a lot more money than we have,it may require a lot more legal documents that we can get, It may require a lot more effort than we thought we needed to put in.
That is why it is always inspiring to know about people who faced the obstacles head on, who beat the odds when everyone said they were crazy of dreaming so big, who decided they would do what it takes to get what they have envisioned.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

The good news is that God has a  plan for each of us we just have to trust in Him that He always has our best interest at heart. No matter how hard it may seem for you to achieve your dreams, you should take comfort that God has everything under control. But we need to play our part and fight on, go against the expectations of others because when GOD  puts a dream in your heart He will equip you with the necessary skills and He will put the right people in your path so DREAM ON.

1 comment:

  1. I missed the film...oh well, was doing good to others so am not complaining!
    I think I've told you many times Jer 29:11 is always my 911 when am feeling so low..
    you came to my rescue yesterday, thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete