Thursday 8 August 2013

The first love





I had a guy commenting on one of the links from my blog in Facebook, he wrote "Do not go back am here" LOL! He was referring to the title of my blog "Getting back to my first love." I had to explain to him that is the title of my blog. I have also had one of my guy friends joke on how he would sweep me off my feet in such a way I would stop going back to my first love. I always laugh every time I get such comments and I figured maybe its time I shared why I chose that title. So this is how it goes (this is the time where you get a hot cup of tea and squint your eyes to just get into getting every detail)

I first gave my life to Christ back when I was 12 years old, I can say I walked with Him in my daily life. This went on through high school and I believe it was by His grace that I stood firm. Now the big blow of what life had to offer hit me when I graduated from High School. It is always a slow fade, you never know when you end up questioning yourself if you are saved or not. Before I knew it I had compromised on all that I stood for.
Through and through God was always tagging at my heart asking me to go back to Him, I felt that I had strayed too far away that it was too late for me. I did what I did and still went to church every sunday without fail. Even when the sermons would convict me about certain areas of my life where I knew God wanted me to change, I still felt that I couldn't do without them.
The usual talks I had with myself back then were "what if I do not wake up the next morning where would I go?" "Have I chosen this person or this thing instead of God?" . There were times I would go to bed begging God to let me wake up the next morning so I would not wake up in Hell.
I thank God for one of my friends and to say the truth she was the last person I thought would open up my eyes and see that I can always turn back to God and start all over again. She did not do it directly, I don't even think she knew what she was sharing with me would completely turn my life around. She introduced me to a blog about a woman who had almost the same story as my life, every time I read her posts I got so convicted and fired up to give my life to God.
Then one day I finally had the guts to leave that life behind and ask God back in my life, hey! It was not easy, I had to constantly battle with my feelings, the doubts in my mind I kept questioning myself "Have I made the right choice?" "Is this really what God wanted me to do? Or did I just talk to myself?"
I must say it was a battle of my mind, I continually asked God to renew my mind and change the way I think so that I may know what is pleasing to Him. He is a faithful God, now the struggle has got easier, I now know that its the best decision I made. I am so much at peace, I have this new bounce in my stride, I have this new confidence in myself. I feel so loved, so taken care of just knowing that God didn't NEED me but WANTED me. The talks I have with myself now are "He is not done with me yet!" I now know am living my purpose.


Romans 10:9-10: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.


Romans 3:2: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 8:38-39: For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,  neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

 Matthew 8:18-22: When Jesus saw the crowd around him, he gave orders to cross to the other side of the lake.  Then a teacher of the law came to him and said, "Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go."  Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."  Another disciple said to him, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father."  But Jesus told him, "Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead.

I do not know what your path has been but I would urge you that it doesn't matter what you have done, where you have been and what you have gone through. God wants you to come to Him just as you are, He will remove you from any pit you may be in today, He will forgive you and remember your sins no more. He is the only one who can give you a clean slate.
Go on ask Him to come into your heart not only for the fear of going to hell but because in Him you will be set free and you will have life in abundance. He loves you and knocks at the door of your heart daily are you going to let Him in?
Do you say you are saved and go to church every Sunday and yet the life you live does not reflect that? God hates Luke warms and you cannot serve two masters at a time. Its time you decide to surrender it all to Jesus, He will never seize to amaze you. He loved us first so:
Its time for you to GET BACK TO YOUR FIRST LOVE.

2 comments:

  1. wow! Sounds like a preacher :-)
    I have a further comment but I think its better to state it somewhere else, your inbox perhaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful always for your feedback you make me want to write more and better

    ReplyDelete