Friday 30 August 2013

Take time

                              My first time on the beach (notice the bag), so yes 1st time

I have just figured out how to put up pictures on the blog thus the random picture. I like to hang out by myself at times and just think and talk to God. So today I had a few flashbacks one the time when I missed one of my best friends graduation and the other one where I missed out on meeting my friend's family all at once which was a big deal because she has a big family and for the longest time I have wanted to meet them. All because I had to work and earn an extra shilling, I love how God reveals to me certain things in the simplest  situations. It got me thinking that I have to set my priorities right, money will never be enough and at the same time my friends will not be there forever.
So what am I getting at? Most of us are always up and about chasing that paper, sure the economy is tough we have to hustle hard, but at the end of it all none of us gets to go with that money when we are put 6 feet under. In the end all that will matter is the time we took to spend it with our loved ones, showing them that we care and being there for them in their good and bad times. All that people will remember is how you made them feel,....



  Ecclesiastes5:10: He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves wealth with his income; this also is vanity. 
Matthew 6:24: No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

Just  as we are reminded in the book of Ecclesiastes that all we chase in this world is vanity, it will all disappear but one thing will remain when all is said and done and that is God.What are you pursuing? What occupies your mind and time 24/7 that you miss out on what is important in life? That you miss out in spending time with the family that God has blessed you with, that you miss out being part of your children's lives as they grow, that you are too occupied to see when a friend is in need.
Whatever it is, slow down and  take time to add value to the relationships in your lives after all we only live once and we have to do it right. We have to let God show us what is important so that we will not wish we had done things differently when our loved ones are no longer around.
Till next time I leave you with another random photo...

                                          My best Swahili dish when in Mombasa

 

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I read this post because I thought it would have your very honest opinion about your first time at the beach...rather first time at the Kenyan coast!
    Huh, that bag...haha! About the best meal, I thought it would be the prawns! Anyway that was yummy too! We should do that again :-)

    ReplyDelete