Wednesday 9 October 2013

Believing


I recently downloaded some work out routines which I use every morning, each work out is 45seconds but woooaah! they are the longest 45 seconds of my life! More than once I have felt the urge of giving up before the seconds are up but I keep telling myself that whatever am working for will not come easily so under my patting I whisper and ask God to give me strength then before I know it I am done with it.

Adding on to the activities I have taken up recently, I started a small home garden. I have planted lettuce, spinach, flowers, cucumbers and most recently, Sukuma Wiki (Kales). Now the kales were more work than I expected, after planting them a few day later the leaves started turning yellow and dropping despite me religiously watering them morning and evening. I was almost giving up on them, until recently when mum pointed out saying "your sukumas are growing" Wow! they have now new fresh leaves,  couldn't believe it! I had thought of plucking them out.

Ever been in a situation where you have been praying for a breakthrough but it seems like the answer is coming on a tortoise? You do not think you have the strength to keep holding on or to keep believing? You have been praying for a loved one to get healed or for your healing? You have been praying for a job? You have been praying for a spouse? You have been praying for your marriage? You have been praying for a financial breakthrough? Whatever it may be,you feel like you are on the verge of just letting it go and call it quits because if anything the situation seems to be getting worse.

John 11:43-44;   Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth!” And he who had died came out bound hand and foot with grave clothes, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Loose him, and let him go.”

Before Jesus ordered for Lazarus to come forth, He had asked the people to roll out the stone from the tomb and Martha, sister to Lazarus said that the stench would be strong as her brother had been dead for four days, but Jesus told her that "Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?". Which situation are you in now that you think that even if God was to show up now and answer your prayers that it would be too late? The same way Martha thought it was already four days Jesus, he has already decayed and the stench proves it? 
I love this song that says "Even if He is four days late He is still on time"Because it reminds me when I am downcast and thinking Lord I want to give up, I want to let go that  God is always in control, nothing surprises Him, even before a heartache touches my life it has to go through His hands. That even if in the natural it may seem that nothing can be done, I will still believe that Christ will change my situation that my joy will be restored. 
So believe with me today, that it does not matter how the situation looks like right now, but its not over until God says it is over. So push on, fight on, do not cease praying and most important do not stop believing. It is going to get better and funny thing is most of the times when we are on the verge of giving up, that was when the breakthrough was coming.
The same thing Jesus told Martha that if she would believe she would see the glory of God, is the same thing God is telling you today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment