Wednesday 9 October 2013

Have any plans?






My bucket list
1. Learn how to swim
2. Go bungee jumping
3. Go sky diving
4. Learn Spanish (mama mia!)
5. Learn to play a guitar
6. Play with dolphins
7. Catch a sea turtle and then watch it walk into the ocean.
8. Climb Mt. Kenya

Its longer than this but these are the main things in my list. So ever wanted to do something and you keep on pushing it forward always having an excuse, maybe the money is not enough, or the time is not enough?. I remember for me I was waiting for the sunny weather in Nairobi to show up to start my swimming lessons, but now since I changed my hairstyle from braids, my excuse went from the cold weather to I don't want my hair to get wet. 
Sometimes I think we miss the chance to do the things we have always wanted to do because simply we do not do it! We do not take that first step which will always make the second and third step easier. So why not, do it! Want to start a business? Do it! Want to lose some weight? Do it! Want to start saving more? Do it! Just anything that you have been meaning to do, get up and do it!

Ecclesiastes 11:4: Whoever watches the wind will not plant  whoever looks at the clouds will not reap.

Mathew 25: 14-30: “For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted to them his property. To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money. ...

2Kings 7:4: If we say, ‘Let us enter the city,’ the famine is in the city, and we shall die there. And if we sit here, we die also. So now come, let us go over to the camp of the Syrians. If they spare our lives we shall live, and if they kill us we shall but die.”


The one who sits down and wishes will never get what they wish for unless they decide to do it. You will never see that dream come true unless you get up and take the first step, So stop the wishful thinking and get up and do it!

Other than that I believe our plans will fail if we do not involve God, because He is the creator of the universe. How awesome would it be to be receiving counsel from the one who made the business markets, from the one who created the weather, from the one who plans out everything. It would be amazing! you would get ideas that no one has ever thought of, your business will prosper even in the hardest economic times, your plans will always work out well.





Proverbs 16:3: Ask the Lord to bless your plans, and you will be successful in carrying them out. 

Jeremiah 29:11-14: For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile. 
 
God wants us to step out in faith and take risks to do what we have always wanted to do (of course am not talking of anything that will displease God) , He wants us to be proactive and to stop wishful thinking and just get up and do it!. At the same time we have to place our plans in His hands because that is the ONE true secret to success. So whats in your bucket list? whats your dream? what are the things that you want to achieve in 5, 10 or 15 years? Why don't you start working for them now? Take that first leap of faith and place them in God's hands, He shall never fail you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment