Tuesday 22 October 2013

Self love







Confession time:I am very forgetful and I can take a joke too far and at times I miss out on the reminder that a situation is serious and does not need any jokes. These qualities have got me into trouble with both family and friends and maybe the reasons why my childhood dream of becoming a doctor never came true because probably I would have forgot and left a pair of scissors in a patient's stomach or I would make a joke when breaking the news to family and friends who have just lost their loved ones. Oh well....

Okay that aside, I know each one of us has that one thing either physically or a quality you have that you would want to change. Maybe its because people have told you that you are too tall, too big, too skinny, too dark, too short or whatever else they have told you or you have compared yourself to the pictures in the magazines or you compare yourself to someone who seems to have "it all  together".

BUT.... I have to say that when God made you, He made you exactly the way you are so as to fulfill your purpose on earth, He made you to be that height, He made your nose to look that way, He made your eyes to be that big or that small and He gave you that personality. He did not make a mistake . So the opinion of others should not matter because they did not create you, so who are they to tell you what you have is too much or too little, they have nothing to do with the plans that God has for you.

God made you exactly the way you are for a reason and the perks that we have for a reason because in our weaknesses He is made strong. Have you not seen people with no limbs touch the world? (nick vujicic) Have you not seen the blind, the deaf do amazing things? The people the society might have rendered useless do amazing things because God qualifies the unqualified. Because He does not see people the way we do, He does not look at the physical but at the heart.

1 Samuel 16:7: But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

Jeremiah 1:5: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

Peter 3:3-4 :Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 

Psalm 139:13-16 : For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
 
God took His time creating you and as He says in His word that He set you apart even when you were in your mother's womb. He qualified you,so you are the perfect height,the perfect size, the perfect skin color, you have the perfect personality, your nose is in the right position to accomplish what God wants you to.

So  the next time you are tempted to compare yourself with someone who seems to have it all together or to compare yourself with the pictures in the magazine or to believe what someone else tells you,  remember that you have God's approval, you have His stamp on you that says you are beautifully and wonderfully made. For the weaknesses we have, we have them because it is through that that God's strength will be seen when we defeat the odds and achieve what others thought we could not achieve such that everyone will know that it was truly the hand of God in our lives.
So accept yourself, love yourself because the maker of the universe says you are beautiful, talented, smart, strong and you are the apple of His eye, let NO ONE tell you different.





2 comments: