Saturday 28 September 2013

God's answers





 
I was excited I had just bought beachwear at a cheap price, now all I had to do is to wait for the go-ahead from the lecturer. He was to tell us the date we would travel to Mombasa as part of our  field study. I had never traveled to the Coast and I had been waiting for this trip since I was a freshman to add on top of the excitement it was the last semester of my senior year in college so I thought it would have been the best way to wrap up the amazing four years with my friends.
The lecturer kept on pushing forward the dates, we kept pestering our class representative to follow up on the details of the trip until we eventually gave up when the exam timetables came out alerting us we were coming to the end of the semester and I had to camp in the library to catch up on the lost time spent fantasizing about my stay in Mombasa. So for the first time in the history of my school we were the first seniors who did not go to Mombasa for the field study (sad face).
I eventually got over it and did my last exams and moved back home. Every time I think of what happened next I am always blown away by how God plans out events. A close friend of mine got an offer from one of my former lecturers to act as a student guide for students from California and in the process got me a spot into that, to cut the long story short, I eventually went to Mombasa for a week! I ate the best Swahili dishes daily! I visited the best beaches and visited an Island and to top it off we stayed for a day in a 5 star hotel! Oh! I 'swam' in the ocean for the first time.
That was the best week of my life!
No, am not starting a travel diary am sharing this because through this I learned that......

So many times we want God to do something for us and we give Him details on how it should be done, when and where and when it does not turn out the way we had planned we assume God did not answer our prayers.

1 John 5:14-15: And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to His will He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of Him.
James 4:3: You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.

Could you be praying  for something right now and it may seem God is taking forever to answer? Ask yourself what are the motives behind you asking for that thing are they for selfish reasons? Do your motives line up with God's word? Sometimes we do not get what we ask because we ask with all the wrong reasons.

 Habakkuk 2:3 :For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay. 

Isiah40:31: But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.


Psalm 27:14:: Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord

 Or are you even giving God time to reveal it to you at His own timing? or are you busy checking your own calender and thinking God is delaying and maybe at times try and do it on your own?

 I believe that God did not allow me to go to Mombasa the first time because I had the wrong motives, studying was no where close to what I wanted to do and how I wanted to spend my nights was no where close to me honoring God.
I also believe He answered my prayer in His own timing, I had the chance to visit Mombasa when the weather was not that hot and in the process made new friends and I believe it brought me closer to that particular friend I went with. I am forever grateful I went when I went.

So instead of giving God a timeline on when, how and where when you ask Him for anything, let Him present it to you at His own time and let Him give you what He knows is best for you and not what you think is best for you. So trust God's timing always and you will never be dissapointed He repays you the time you spent waiting. For me He simply answered " I have something better for you"

                                                 Me and one of my best friends



                                                         The view was amazing!




                                                  The new friends I made



1 comment:

  1. thanks to God! You're welcome...
    na karibu tena! awesome times we had in Mombasa, and am glad you appreciate them... and me :-)

    ReplyDelete