Thursday 23 May 2013

Change

"Hi wanna go out sometime?" This is what my first crush told me after we bumped into each other after three years. I remember us somersaulting in the estate I was a bit of a tom boy...I used to beat up the neighborhood bullies (I have a scar to prove it). I would play football with the boys at home while the girls skipped ropes. I remembered mum saying how she was worried when i was 3 years old, I would fight with pillows re-enacting WWE moves I used to call it "nyesling" for wrestling when I would summon my brother we watch it together.
I remember one time our neighbor chasing after us after we had pushed some old car to the wall, I was  the driver while my younger friends were the "mikono guys" acting as the engine pushing the car. He still caught up with us despite me going over a wall to escape and I was the sacrificial lamb being the tallest in the gang, then some kid snitched that lived around after lying am from another place later that kid got a beating from yours truly...
 I was now 13 years wearing my first hipster when I bumped into him, now I looked more feminine after ditching the baggy t-shirts and jeans I used to wear,(this was my first realization that guys are truly visual beings) he now saw me differently. Lets say I had blossomed and now I knew how to dress like a girl  I had left the wall climbing, the picking up fights and somersaulting. But now my interest in him had gone, hey! I now had a couple of admirers so a girl had options so I turned his offer down..and furthermore mum had told me now I should be careful with boys because I was no longer a girl.

Some changes are inevitable, like getting into puberty but some we have to choose for ourselves.

Romans 12:2 Don't be like the people of this world, but let God change the way you think. Then you will know how to do everything that is good and pleasing to Him

Yes, we all have our weaknesses that we wish to get rid of but most of the times we try to do it on our own  instead of surrendering it to God and allow Him to transform the way we think like He says in His word that only then will you know whats pleasing to Him. If only we allow Him to change us we will never see true change in ourselves.

3 comments: