Sunday 26 May 2013

Friendship

It had been a hectic week with exams, those were the days the library was my best friend and my study buddies and I had a permanent seating area and at times bully anyone who sat on "our" seats. We would always talk of what we would eat and do after the exams when walking back to the hostel. We had two more papers left to seat for, so we bought what we would have for supper and after our usual arguments of who would wash the utensils, we prepared supper and now we were bonding. There were days we would talk till everyone fell asleep (my roommate being the 1st to sleep after claiming she was not sleeping but meditating) and some days we had supper and everyone would say their goodbyes.some days we would hang out and watch a movie where I would end up crying at the end of the movie and they would make fun Aah! those were the days...
I have made a lot of friends in my life some we have lost touch and some we have known each other since my primary school days but all in all they have all impacted my life and have taught me a thing or two about friendship( I learnt the act of giving and sharing from my friends). In the words of William Shakespeare  "Love all, trust a few do wrong to none" These words may have been my foundation for friendship for a long time in my life where if I don't know you I will not hate, I only trust a few of my friends with my personal information and I do my best not to step on anyone's toes.
Over the years I have fallen out with some friends made new friends but one thing I have learnt is a friend is someone who is not afraid to tell you when you are wrong, they'd rather have you be mad at them than see you walk right into a ditch. The ones who always pamper me with sweet words I now call them Hindrances, Hindrances to my God planned destiny.

Proverbs 13:20 Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.

Show me your friends and I will show you who you are, choose your friends wisely and remember not everyone who says they wish well for you, really means it.

2 comments: