Wednesday 22 May 2013

Daddy

"That is too much sugar" mum would always tell me then i would look to daddy and he would wink at me and tell mum to go easy on me but would still make me do what mum said. Back then me and mum we never used to get along. Dad was my best friend we had our own special greeting (where we would shake hands then let our thumbs rub against each other) i was daddy's little girl.
It was like i had him wrapped up in my fingers the first time he saw me, that is what he always said.I remember the days he would take time and take us out as a family and i would always insist on getting cheese even though i never finished it.
I would follow him to every visit he paid to his friends but i dreaded the white porridge i would be given when there so he used to buy me a chocolate bar on our way back home. I remember he would take me all the way back to Kitui for every dentist appointment and as a reward for being so brave i would get a soda.
The few times we disagreed was when i would come second in class, and what a disciplinary he was! (and yet my mum is the teacher by profession), when i hit our neighbor's teenage son with a stone because he made fun of me and when i would disobey mum. I remember the hard sweet chapatis he would make when mum was away.

The last time i saw him he was getting me toughees from bata and later that day he bought me every kid's favorite meal chips and chicken!! and fanta. 22nd December 2000, was the date daddy went to be with the Lord. He was far from perfect but i choose to remember and cherish the happy memories.

Mathew 7:11 As bad as you are, you still know how to give good gifts to your children.  But your Heavenly father is even more ready to give good gifts to people who ask.

Many are the times when we get caught up with ourselves trying to figure things out on our own forgetting that OUR DADDY in heaven is ready to give us good gifts as long as we ask. If your earthly father is willing to go miles and beyond for you, how much more would our Heavenly Father do for us? Rest in His care He got you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment