Saturday 25 May 2013

Trials

"HOLD MY HAND!"  She shouted, I could not hear her with the sirens we were at the back of an ambulance rushing her to the hospital. She had been hit my a car just outside my campus and everything was happening so fast, I was trying to reach her to know where she was so we could meet up we have lunch then take her around campus. When I called a man's voice was on the other side telling me to make my way to the health center that my friend has had an accident. She wanted me to hold her hand because the bumps on the road made her leg move (It was broken) and she was in pain! I kept whispering a prayer for her every time I would turn to look at the road with the driver passing through traffic like the NFS vehicles.
 We finally arrived at the hospital and things seemed to calm down now her family was already there. We went through the hospital procedures of getting her to be seen by the doctor. We split up and we were done after a few minutes. It was worse than we thought her leg had to undergo surgery,....what a day it was! Am happy to report that now she is in tip-top shape and full of life.
She will never forget that day and neither will I. Tragedy strikes without any warning and we are forced to face them and do our best to fight. To fight to see another day, to fight for our loved ones to see another day, to fight not to let our emotions to get the best of us, to fight to not let our bodies give up on us.

Job 2:10 Job replied "Don't talk like a fool! If we accept blessings from God we must accept trouble as well" In all that happened Job never once said anything against God.

It may be a broken heart, sickness, disappointments from loved ones, it may be that you have been praying for a breakthrough from God but it seems He has forgotten about you because years have passed and you do not see results. Whatever it may be, let us be like Job lets not turn away from God when we are going through all these. For it is in that darkest and loneliest moment that we truly experience God's love.

4 comments: