Wednesday 22 May 2013

The beggining






"Like sand through the hour glass so are the days of our lives" This statement used to signify the beginning of one of the shows i would wait all day to watch not  because i understood it them i was just happy to be involved in the neighborhood analysis of the programme. Wow! life was simple back then when all i could worry about was if dad would notice the one shilling  missing from his change after i gave into the temptation of having some eclair sweets (yes back then when they used to cost one shilling) or if my best friend's mum would allow her to get out so we could play, or if she will share with me her sweets, if my brother would allow me to tag along when he would go steal mangoes from our neighbors. Nothing was ever that serious you could get angry one minute and the next you acting all goofy and laughing.
I remember one of my biggest problem was going to Sunday school and not hear a word because we were taught in Kamba..so i would laugh when we needed to and  sigh when the other kids did, but i got by. I grew up in a Kamba community and my best friend was Luo. I would dream about changing the world one day with sharing the stories we would make up with her. Life seemed to be a playground, everyday was full of adventures well my adventures included bird hunting, running from our angry neighbor with paper bags full of mangoes.
Enough about that i will save it for the next blog, its amazing how as kids we are easy to forgive, full of dreams, we take each day as it is and make the best out of it despite how yesterday was. Then as we grow older things change we give up on some of the dreams, we begin to fill our heads with all kinds of thoughts, we start picking friends by how they look on the outside, the tribe, their social class.

Mathew 19:14...But Jesus said let the children come to me and don't try to stop them! people who are like these children belong to God's kingdom.

So why don't we go back to the beginning be like a child and lay all your burdens to Christ and leave without worries, forgive easily, look at a person's heart and not their status or looks so as to associate with them. Because remember LIKE SAND THROUGH THE HOUR GLASS SO ARE THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES. Make your life count as long as you are alive, go back to the beginning and remember how easy it was.

7 comments:

  1. its by fate or God's plan that we met?? really Enid, wont say much...keep on writing! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this doesn't tell me how to solve my dryspell

    ReplyDelete
  3. louisa thanks a bunch you are a blessing to me eddy my next post will help you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a timely word at a time when adult worries and concerns strangle the child in us... Thanks Enid Nzisa, it is inspiring! God bless you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you richard keep reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just arrived home, from the hustle and bustle of a city 20 million big, with all the complexity it brings to my already intricate lifestyle, I could not help but notice how we struggle so hard to go out and fix our lives, yet the the very simple answer is within us. Thanks dear for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you and welcome keep reading

    ReplyDelete